Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sewer line replacement question.

I'm going to have to replace my ancient (61 year old) 4" Orangeburg with
PVC. I'll be burying the new line unbedded decomposed granite, about
three feet deep. Should I use 3034 or Schedule 40 PVC?

TIA

--
John Corliss
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Check with your city, town or municipality or whatever it is called in your
area, they will have specifications that you need to work with. Here on the
internet, we don't even know the country you are in, so how can we help?

"John Corliss" wrote in message
I'm going to have to replace my ancient (61 year old) 4" Orangeburg with
PVC. I'll be burying the new line unbedded decomposed granite, about three
feet deep. Should I use 3034 or Schedule 40 PVC?

TIA

--
John Corliss

Posted to alt.home.repair

EXT wrote:
John Corliss wrote:

I'm going to have to replace my ancient (61 year old) 4" Orangeburg
with PVC. I'll be burying the new line unbedded decomposed granite,
about three feet deep. Should I use 3034 or Schedule 40 PVC?

TIA

Check with your city, town or municipality or whatever it is called in
your area, they will have specifications that you need to work with.
Here on the internet

You mean "usenet", don't you? This is usenet, not the internet AFAIK.

we don't even know the country you are in, so how can we help?

It's not a code issue. I already know I can replace the pipe with PVC
and there are at least the two grades that I listed. My question was
which type of pipe is preferable for sewer line, not which meet my local
code. I already know that both meet the code.

--
John Corliss
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Corliss wrote:
EXT wrote:
John Corliss wrote:

I'm going to have to replace my ancient (61 year old) 4" Orangeburg
with PVC. I'll be burying the new line unbedded decomposed granite,
about three feet deep. Should I use 3034 or Schedule 40 PVC?

TIA

Check with your city, town or municipality or whatever it is called in
your area, they will have specifications that you need to work with.
Here on the internet

You mean "usenet", don't you? This is usenet, not the internet AFAIK.

we don't even know the country you are in, so how can we help?

It's not a code issue. I already know I can replace the pipe with PVC
and there are at least the two grades that I listed. My question was
which type of pipe is preferable for sewer line, not which meet my local
code. I already know that both meet the code.

Gee John someone, or several, over in the freeare group would have had
an opinion VBG

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

John Corliss wrote:

I'm going to have to replace my ancient (61 year old) 4" Orangeburg
with PVC. I'll be burying the new line unbedded decomposed granite,
about three feet deep. Should I use 3034 or Schedule 40 PVC?

John,

Glad you made it over here. I read your reply in a.c.f about the tree
being right at the foundation of the house. You're right, the tree
needs to come down.

How long is the run from the house to the sewer line in the street?