Posted to alt.home.repair

Default chest freezer leaks from the bottom front

I have a 15 year old self defrost avanti small chest freezer.

lately it leaks from the front bottom.

I see no tube or visible drain plug except for a quarter size area
which seems to have some kind of insulation plug and I didn't know if
this was a drain or not.

I removed everhting, defrosted some ice on the lid, leveled it and it
still leaks from the front bottom and sides.

Any idea why this is happening and if I can correct it

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
KD KD is offline

On Oct 15, 8:22*am, Butterfly wrote:
I have a 15 year old self defrost *avanti small chest freezer.

lately it leaks from the front bottom.

I see no tube or visible drain plug except for a quarter size area
which seems to have some kind of insulation plug and I didn't know if
this was a drain or not.

I removed everhting, defrosted some ice on the lid, leveled it and it
still leaks from the front bottom and sides.

Any idea why this is happening and if I can correct it

thanks

Are you sure it's a leak and not condensation? Mine is in the
basement, and during the steamy summer days it does get a bit wet
along the bottom front.

KD
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Butterfly" wrote in message
I have a 15 year old self defrost avanti small chest freezer.

lately it leaks from the front bottom.

I see no tube or visible drain plug except for a quarter size area
which seems to have some kind of insulation plug and I didn't know if
this was a drain or not.

I removed everhting, defrosted some ice on the lid, leveled it and it
still leaks from the front bottom and sides.

Any idea why this is happening and if I can correct it

thanks

There is a drain plug. Since it is self defrosting, moisture may be going
into a drip pan that is overflowing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Or the drain tube from the evaporator may be "missing" the drain pan and
draining on the floor instead.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus