Posted to alt.home.repair
KD KD is offline

Default chest freezer leaks from the bottom front

On Oct 15, 8:22*am, Butterfly wrote:
I have a 15 year old self defrost *avanti small chest freezer.

lately it leaks from the front bottom.

I see no tube or visible drain plug except for a quarter size area
which seems to have some kind of insulation plug and I didn't know if
this was a drain or not.

I removed everhting, defrosted some ice on the lid, leveled it and it
still leaks from the front bottom and sides.

Any idea why this is happening and if I can correct it

thanks

Are you sure it's a leak and not condensation? Mine is in the
basement, and during the steamy summer days it does get a bit wet
along the bottom front.

KD