Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rheem furnace blower speed?

I have a rheem classic super quiet 80 furnace that according to
manufacturer's literature, has adjustable air speed that a technician can
adjust. Does anyone know how I can adjust it myself?

http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...Category =Gas
Furnaces&SpecificModel=RGLN

Also, if the blower speed is lowered, wouldn't the furnace run hotter and
risk overheating? I hope there is a way to dial down the burners.

I'm not using some rooms and are closing the registers in those rooms to
save energy. This cause the other register to blow stronger, too strong in
fact.

For future reference (when I need to buy a new furnace), does any furnace
maker support home owners directly? I hate to ask the installer for support
since they are not necessarily the most knowledgeable.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...le=rheemac_pro....
Furnaces&SpecificModel=RGLN

Also, if the blower speed is lowered, wouldn't the furnace run hotter and
risk overheating? I hope there is a way to dial down the burners.

I'm not using some rooms and are closing the registers in those rooms to
save energy. This cause the other register to blow stronger, too strong in
fact.

For future reference (when I need to buy a new furnace), does any furnace
maker support home owners directly? I hate to ask the installer for support
since they are not necessarily the most knowledgeable.

It will run hotter and shorten exchanger life if its higher than spec,
you need to know and measure temp and not exceed it before starting.
Closing registers can have the same effect. Fan speed may not slow
much anyway. Start by figuring out what its temp above the exchanger
is now and what the manual says is correct.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"james" wrote in message ...
I have a rheem classic super quiet 80 furnace that according to manufacturer's
literature, has adjustable air speed that a technician can adjust. Does anyone
know how I can adjust it myself?

http://www.rheemac.com/products/Prod...Category =Gas
Furnaces&SpecificModel=RGLN

Also, if the blower speed is lowered, wouldn't the furnace run hotter and risk
overheating? I hope there is a way to dial down the burners.

I'm not using some rooms and are closing the registers in those rooms to save
energy. This cause the other register to blow stronger, too strong in fact.

For future reference (when I need to buy a new furnace), does any furnace
maker support home owners directly? I hate to ask the installer for support
since they are not necessarily the most knowledgeable.

Contact Rheem, and get a copy of the "installation manual". It should have this
info. Some companies make it easier than others to get this manual, but if you
are persistant, you should be able to get it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

The "High-limit" switch will turn the furnace off when/if it gets too hot.
Some limit switches are adjustable if you want to lower the cut-off
temperature.