Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with Well wiring

How do I wire a 110v float switch to a 220v pump? Its a 220 v 1/2 hp
Franklin motor on the pump. I have a 400 ft run on #14 wire to the
float switch. Where on the pump controler do I wire in the float
switch? Or what is the simplest way to use this float switch with this
pump?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Totally agree about using a relay also. I would use a 240-24 volt
transformer and a 24 volt contactor. With 24 volt, there would be less
of a shock hazard and you could use pretty much any kind of wire between
the float switch and relay-- thermostat wire, even telephone wire (use
the kind with 4 wires and tie wires together so you have a pair of two
wires paired together. Larry

Wiring a Generator Independent of the house's wiring Carl Home Repair 16 May 12th 06 05:28 PM
Wiring certificate and standards for household wiring D.M. Procida UK diy 5 March 10th 06 11:09 AM
Help with Wiring Dina Home Repair 1 January 18th 06 02:41 AM
Wiring problems, and possibly unsafe old wiring [email protected] Home Repair 4 November 16th 05 05:13 AM
wiring problem wioth loop in wiring and two way switching chrisc UK diy 2 December 28th 04 09:11 PM