Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default Help with Well wiring

wrote:
How do I wire a 110v float switch to a 220v pump? Its a 220 v 1/2 hp
Franklin motor on the pump. I have a 400 ft run on #14 wire to the
float switch. Where on the pump controler do I wire in the float
switch? Or what is the simplest way to use this float switch with this
pump?

"Pump Controller" implies that this may be a 3-wire motor.
Any control device, such as your float switch would need
to be wired in one of the 2 incoming Line wires to the controller.

Can you tell us a bit more about the application of this float switch
to a "well pump" ?

Jim