Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New hat and a cast iron building

Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:05:17 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

I'm very interested in this stuff. I've seen a lot of "cast iron
buildings in SoHo in NYC, and it's good to see the range of them.

Thanks.

The northeast is a very interesting place to live. That's why I tried
not to move too far away (Baltiomre.)

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 27, 10:05*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. *The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. *I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. *The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. *Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

What is the street address?
I looked through "New Haven, a Guide to Architecture & Urban Design"
and could find no mention of cast iron.
That book will give dates and some description of buildings in and
around town.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 28, 8:18*am, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in message

On Sep 27, 10:05 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

What is the street address?
I looked through "New Haven, a Guide to Architecture & Urban Design"
and could find no mention of cast iron.
That book will give dates and some description of buildings in and
around town.

47 Elm Street

It might be
"Imperial Granum Building, built 1877, designed by Rufus G. Russell.
The great era of the cast-iron front largely passed New Haven by. This
is the only known example today.
Russell's drawing survives among his papers in the Historical
Society."

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message news:0b4904a6-6f42-4785-bf27-

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

47 Elm Street

It might be
"Imperial Granum Building, built 1877, designed by Rufus G. Russell.
The great era of the cast-iron front largely passed New Haven by. This
is the only known example today.
Russell's drawing survives among his papers in the Historical
Society."

Neat, thanks.

PVC to cast iron Keith Home Repair 3 February 23rd 06 06:02 PM
Experience with Cast Iron wheels vs Cast Aluminum Brad Woodworking 3 July 19th 05 11:52 PM
Req'd: Cast Iron Soil Pipe bracket and Cast Iron>Plastic fittings John Borman UK diy 1 January 9th 05 09:05 PM
cast iron; Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 3 September 19th 04 05:12 AM
Wrought Iron, Cast Alum and Cast Iron Decorative welding Roy Metalworking 7 April 30th 04 08:52 AM