Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New hat and a cast iron building

wrote in message
On Sep 27, 10:05 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

What is the street address?
I looked through "New Haven, a Guide to Architecture & Urban Design"
and could find no mention of cast iron.
That book will give dates and some description of buildings in and
around town.

47 Elm Street