Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tbasc@bellsouth.net is offline

Default New hat and a cast iron building

On Sep 27, 10:05*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
Since many of you here are interested in home repair and buildings in
general, I though you may be interested in this place. *The front of the
first floor is cast iron.

http://delmonicohatter.com/aboutus.htm

I went to New Haven today to buy a new Borsolino cap. *I'm not sure of the
age of the building, but the business has been here since 1908. *The bottom
photo shows the cast iron columns and header trim. *Some building used cast
iron for structural support also.

What is the street address?
I looked through "New Haven, a Guide to Architecture & Urban Design"
and could find no mention of cast iron.
That book will give dates and some description of buildings in and
around town.