Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for a new central AC, need advice.

On Sep 23, 9:24*pm, wrote:
Well my AC has finally kicked the bucket. *I had an AC guy (Scott's AC)
come out and he is recommending an Amana 13 SEER unit. *Is Amana a good
brand? *This is just for the unit that sits outside of the house, not
any heater, air mover(?) that goes inside. *I'm getting a quote of $5K
installed with a lifetime warranty on the compressor and I believe other
parts also.

My main concerns a
-brand quality/reliabilty
-cooling ability (house is about 2500 sq feet)
-how much energy savings (my electric bill has been between $350-400/mo)
-quietness

I need to clarify which exact model but he said it's a darker grayish
model Amana that is rated @ 13 SEER.

Are there other models to consider?

Thanks for any input.

Do research on seer and efficency and payback 13 seer is not real good
for a high use area where you are, there is quite a difference from
13-14, and 13-15.