Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Time for a new central AC, need advice.

Steve Barker DLT wrote:
13 seer is junk. Insist on the 16 seer. It'll pay for the difference in
price in two seasons.

wrote in message
Well my AC has finally kicked the bucket. I had an AC guy (Scott's AC)
come out and he is recommending an Amana 13 SEER unit. Is Amana a good
brand? This is just for the unit that sits outside of the house, not
any heater, air mover(?) that goes inside. I'm getting a quote of $5K
installed with a lifetime warranty on the compressor and I believe other
parts also.

My main concerns a
-brand quality/reliabilty
-cooling ability (house is about 2500 sq feet)
-how much energy savings (my electric bill has been between $350-400/mo)
-quietness

I need to clarify which exact model but he said it's a darker grayish
model Amana that is rated @ 13 SEER.

Are there other models to consider?

Thanks for any input.

Hmmm,
Little lower efficiency is equal to junk? I thought poor quality product
meant junk.
Posted to alt.home.repair

i suppose perhaps the wrong word. But why put in 1990 technology?