Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Portable generator parts Generac

Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sudy Nim wrote:
Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

My generator is a Power Boss made by Briggs and Stratton and was
advertised as having a Generac generator. From your post, I assume B&S
makes the engine for your Generac. It is not unusual to use different
parts from different manufacturers. The Home Depot guys told me that
generators might use any engine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message
news
Sudy Nim wrote:
Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the

Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable

generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of

local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

My generator is a Power Boss made by Briggs and Stratton and was
advertised as having a Generac generator. From your post, I assume B&S
makes the engine for your Generac. It is not unusual to use different
parts from different manufacturers. The Home Depot guys told me that
generators might use any engine.

Thanks for the reply Frank. This generator is a Generac and the engine is
"labeled" (Generac model GH-220 Guardian OHIV). I think most of them
had B&S but this was one of the exceptions. I suppose it could have B&S
parts but the oil filter is labeled Generac 070185. Sudy Nim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 23, 4:03*pm, "Sudy Nim" wrote:
Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

Lowes or maybe HD, or try generac of course
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sudy Nim wrote:
[...]

Interesting. My B&S does not have an oil filter but googling B&S oil
filter gave this:
http://www.google.com/products?q=bri...m=1&ct=ti tle
Maybe one will fit picture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:03:11 GMT, "Sudy Nim"
wrote:

Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

If you have the old filter, maybe this post from another newsgroup
from many years ago will help you.

Newsgroups: alt.energy.homepower
Subject: Generac oil filter cross reference
From: PAMFREE (JW1505)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 20:48:03 GMT

The only part number I have for the filter is Generac's #70185. I can't find
that in any of the
cross reference books I've seen. Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

Cross reference by my records for the Generac filter #70185 is:

Fram PH4967
Purolator L14476
Wix 51394
AC PF1233
Lee LF2840
Toyota 90915-03001

Hope this helps. Jay

From: PAMFREE (JW1505)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 20:48:03 GMT

The only part number I have for the filter is Generac's #70185. I can't find
that in any of the
cross reference books I've seen. Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

Cross reference by my records for the Generac filter #70185 is:

Fram PH4967
Purolator L14476
Wix 51394
AC PF1233
Lee LF2840
Toyota 90915-03001

Hope this helps. Jay

A big thank you for all the replies. And that cross-reference was really great.
Sudy Nim