Posted to alt.home.repair
Sudy Nim Sudy Nim is offline

Default Portable generator parts Generac

"Chris Hill" wrote in message

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 21:03:11 GMT, "Sudy Nim"
wrote:

Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian
OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable

generator.
When I search the web site it sends me to Briggs and Stratton. A search of

local
generator dealers was unproductive. TIA

If you have the old filter, maybe this post from another newsgroup
from many years ago will help you.

Newsgroups: alt.energy.homepower
Subject: Generac oil filter cross reference
From: PAMFREE (JW1505)
Date: 16 Feb 1999 20:48:03 GMT

The only part number I have for the filter is Generac's #70185. I can't find
that in any of the
cross reference books I've seen. Has anyone found a suitable replacement?

Cross reference by my records for the Generac filter #70185 is:

Fram PH4967
Purolator L14476
Wix 51394
AC PF1233
Lee LF2840
Toyota 90915-03001

Hope this helps. Jay

A big thank you for all the replies. And that cross-reference was really great.
Sudy Nim