Posted to alt.home.repair

Default generac portable generators

pb
-------------------------------------

These Generac portables look great in the store or in ads. Great prices to
purchase, but they don't last. Costs more to repair than to replace. I
believe it is in the best interest of the consumers in Florida that the
attorney general pursue a Class Action Suit against Generac and Home
Depot. These companies have sold thousands of generators to consumers that
have failed to perform.
If you take the time to research generator complaints on the Internet, you
will find thousands of letters where consumers have been ripped off by
both of these companies who have made hundreds of thousands of dollars
selling inferior products and advertising and promoting them to be of
excellent quality. As your research will show, this is just not true. Not
only have the consumers complained, but the authorized service and repair
companies are also well aware of the inferior quality of the Generac
portable generators.
File your complaint he
http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.ns...conomic_Crimes

Posted to alt.home.repair

"penny baran" wrote in message

pb
-------------------------------------

[...]

When you were shopping generators, did you actually believe there would be
no difference between a $3000 generator and a $10,000 generator of the same
size?

Posted to alt.home.repair

penny baran wrote:
pb
-------------------------------------

[...]

I bought a Generac generator in 1992. It has kept me comfortable during
each and every energy interruption since then. I do take care of the
generator and perform routine/preventive maintenance on it.

Perhaps your problem is pilot error.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 3, 7:27*am, (penny baran)
wrote:
pb
-------------------------------------

[...]
File your complaint hehttp://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.ns...Section=Econom...

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

What a load of biased BS CRAP you are ass hole advertiser. Mine has
2000 hrs on it wale up hillbilly
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default -google_groups- generac portable generators

ransley wrote:
On Sep 3, 7:27 am, (penny baran)
wrote:
pb
-------------------------------------

[...]

Maybe not. There is a definite difference in quality between big box
Generac and normal quality Generac at least in the case of the home
depot units sold for permanent installation. My buddy bought the home
depot version and I helped him hook it up. It looks just like the real
one and looks like one of those large portable jobsite toolboxes with
the flip up lid. We couldn't believe how loud the thing was when we
started it. I am very familiar with the sound level of the normal units
because I work at locations that have similar sized units that look the
same. After some detective work the local service dealer told us that
the cases are the same but the home depot units had different
manufacturer lower quality engines. He also said those models weren't
known for long service life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 4, 9:23*am, George wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Sep 3, 7:27 am, (penny baran)
wrote:
pb
-------------------------------------

[...]

known for long service life.- Hide quoted text -

Thats BS Generac are loud and are the same at HD or Bozos lawn
service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default -google_groups- -google_groups- generac portable generators

ransley wrote:
On Sep 4, 9:23 am, George wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Sep 3, 7:27 am, (penny baran)
wrote:
pb
-------------------------------------
[...]

Sorry, no. Since you responded with a kneejerk response I know you
didn't even read what I wrote. Here is a snippet to help you out:

"...at least in the case of the home depot units sold for permanent
installation..."

I don't believe "bozos lawn service" handles those particular units...

I work at locations that have the same size, same brown color enclosure,
same Generac logo label on them and they are *significantly* quieter
than the home depot version my friend bought. I know what I heard and I
even had my buddy who bought the home depot version meet me at a site to
hear what the good version sounds like.

The guy at the repair place showed us the service parts list while
explaining the details of the much cheaper engine and I am not into
small engines so I don't remember the details.

My educated guess for the louder noise is that it takes significant
effort to tune enclosure mounts/baffling/exhaust to minimize noise for a
specific mass engine with its specific noise characteristics. If I had
to build a lower price unit for big box I likely wouldn't bother doing
an enclosure redesign to accommodate the cheaper engines which would
lead to much higher noise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

The old expression holds true "you get about what you paid for". There are a
lot of cheaper generators out there. Entirely to my surprise, the ETQ I got
off ebay turns out to be rather quiet. amazingly so.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"George" wrote in message
. ..

Maybe not. There is a definite difference in quality between big box
Generac and normal quality Generac at least in the case of the home
depot units sold for permanent installation. My buddy bought the home
depot version and I helped him hook it up. It looks just like the real
one and looks like one of those large portable jobsite toolboxes with
the flip up lid. We couldn't believe how loud the thing was when we
started it. I am very familiar with the sound level of the normal units
because I work at locations that have similar sized units that look the
same. After some detective work the local service dealer told us that
the cases are the same but the home depot units had different
manufacturer lower quality engines. He also said those models weren't
known for long service life.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
The old expression holds true "you get about what you paid for". There are
lot of cheaper generators out there. Entirely to my surprise, the ETQ I
got
off ebay turns out to be rather quiet. amazingly so.

Buy the best, cry once; buy cheap, cry every time you use it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Were I to buy the best, I'd have to cry every time I got my credit card
bill, and realize how much interest I'm paying. As a home owner, I use my
generator maybe once a year. My ETQ has sat for most of its life. The first
time I used it, started on 3rd pull. Ran it dry. The next time was a bit
more balky, but it did start up. So, it's got 200 hour useful life. I've got
about 4 hours use out of it so far, and that means it's good for the next
172 years or so.

TinyURL was created!
The following URL:

http://www.compactappliance.com/ETQ-...Portable-Gener
ator/TG1200,default,pd.html?mtcpromotion=CA%20Froogle%3 EOutd
oor_Living%3EGenerators%3ETG1200&CAWELAID=17599520 2

has a length of 171 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
has a length of 25 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/4aapcn

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PanHandler" wrote in message
.. .

Buy the best, cry once; buy cheap, cry every time you use it.