Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cleaning grout

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

I recently started using Scrubbing Bubbles on shower tile and it works
very well.
Even used it on the kitchen floor ) Hubby is mechanic and the shower
gets a
coating of black grease on the floor - takes that off nicely. Our
shower tile is
quite old, and it seems like the glaze on the center of the floor is a
bit worn so
that dirt sticks more easily. Spray it on and let it work for a bit
before rinsing
off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

desgnr wrote:
What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Dunno. But after you GET it clean, put about 37 coats of sealer on it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:
desgnr wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

I recently started using Scrubbing Bubbles on shower tile and it works
very well.
Even used it on the kitchen floor ) Hubby is mechanic and the shower
gets a
coating of black grease on the floor - takes that off nicely. Our
shower tile is
quite old, and it seems like the glaze on the center of the floor is a
bit worn so
that dirt sticks more easily. Spray it on and let it work for a bit
before rinsing
off.

Yabut he asked about the grout between tiles. Does the stuff do a good
job on that?

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:

Norminn wrote:

desgnr wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

I recently started using Scrubbing Bubbles on shower tile and it
works very well.
Even used it on the kitchen floor ) Hubby is mechanic and the
shower gets a
coating of black grease on the floor - takes that off nicely. Our
shower tile is
quite old, and it seems like the glaze on the center of the floor is
a bit worn so
that dirt sticks more easily. Spray it on and let it work for a bit
before rinsing
off.

Yabut he asked about the grout between tiles. Does the stuff do a
good job on that?

Lou

The whole thing - walls and floor, tile and grout. Now, if someone
starts making a brush
that is wedged so it cleans corners, I'm all set ) My regrout job
wasn't perfect, and there
are a couple of little defects that harbor mildew in the corners.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 18, 8:36*am, "desgnr" wrote:
What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Black areas are likely mold. I would take laundry bleach and mop it
and leave it for 30 minutes, then after its dry try something like
Lime Away, CLR, a mild acid that removes lime scale. If that doesnt do
it a scrub brush and TSP, if you still are not satisfied there are
tools to cut into new grout.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Norminn wrote:
LouB wrote:

Norminn wrote:

desgnr wrote:

[...]

I stumbled upon a battery powered brush in the Auto dept at WalMart for
$10. Lools like an oversized powered toothbrush.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:36:30 -0400, "desgnr"
wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

A bleach solution will remove mold/mildew. Household ammonia will
clean most anything else. To be on the safe side wait a day between
using these two cleaners, though. CLR is another good product.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 18, 6:36*am, "desgnr" wrote:
What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Use strips of kitchen paper towels. Soak them in household bleach.
Lay the stips of paper along the grout. Wait 30 min (or more,
depending). Remove paper. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't
let the bleach touch clothing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

A bleach solution will remove mold/mildew. Household ammonia will
clean most anything else. To be on the safe side wait a day between
using these two cleaners, though. CLR is another good product.

The point being, if you mix these two, you get chlorine gas, which can kill you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

PeterL wrote:

On Sep 18, 6:36 am, "desgnr" wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Use strips of kitchen paper towels. Soak them in household bleach.
Lay the stips of paper along the grout. Wait 30 min (or more,
depending). Remove paper. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't
let the bleach touch clothing.

Bleaching isn't the same as cleaning. Bleach will kill mildew, remove a
lot of stains, but
darkens some stains (rust). There is a lot of DIRT that isn't much
affected by bleach.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 18, 12:12*pm, Norminn wrote:
PeterL wrote:
On Sep 18, 6:36 am, "desgnr" wrote:

What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Use strips of kitchen paper towels. *Soak them in household bleach.
Lay the stips of paper along the grout. *Wait 30 min (or more,
depending). *Remove paper. *Be sure to wear rubber gloves and don't
let the bleach touch clothing.

Bleaching isn't the same as cleaning. *Bleach will kill mildew, remove a
lot of stains, but
darkens some stains (rust). *There is a lot of DIRT that isn't much
affected by bleach.

I think we are talking mostly about stain, not dirt.

There is also a "bleach pen" type thing you can buy from Target or
Walmart that does pretty much the same thing without the kitchen
towel. But it's pretty expensive (about $3 that'll clean a relatively
small area).
Posted to alt.home.repair

Flamethrower. Heavy on the napalm.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"desgnr" wrote in message ...
What's the easiest way to clean bathroom tile floor grout ?

Suggestions for cleaning grout blueman Home Repair 2 June 3rd 08 09:44 PM
cleaning flagstone grout [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 18th 07 08:49 PM
Grout Cleaning Problem j Home Repair 1 November 20th 06 03:39 PM
Cleaning Grout Just mee Home Repair 9 September 2nd 06 02:51 AM
grout cleaning D'Olier Home Repair 3 May 15th 04 12:39 AM