Posted to alt.home.repair

Default cleaning flagstone grout

Hi there, I had picked out some flagstone to face a wall, it has good
colaration and also quartz glitter.

After the workers grouted it, they havn't done the best to clean the
grout off, leaving a hazy look. They don't care about the look as
much as I do, not bad but not to the degree of cleaniness I would have
done myself... but I wasn't there to supervise unfortunately.

It has been less than 24 hours so I might do some action... Do you
think I could use something to clean it up better? how about a good
scrub with some water and scrotch brite pad? Or just a sponge?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Just a sponge for now, and don't rub too hard on the grout itself.
If there is grout in the grain you acn use a toothbrush to get it out.

Kate
______
/l ,[____],
l-L -OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--)_)

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi there, I had picked out some flagstone to face a wall, it has good
colaration and also quartz glitter.

After the workers grouted it, they havn't done the best to clean the
grout off, leaving a hazy look. They don't care about the look as
much as I do, not bad but not to the degree of cleaniness I would have
done myself... but I wasn't there to supervise unfortunately.

It has been less than 24 hours so I might do some action... Do you
think I could use something to clean it up better? how about a good
scrub with some water and scrotch brite pad? Or just a sponge?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 1:56 am, wrote:
Hi there, I had picked out some flagstone to face a wall, it has good
colaration and also quartz glitter.

After the workers grouted it, they havn't done the best to clean the
grout off, leaving a hazy look. They don't care about the look as
much as I do, not bad but not to the degree of cleaniness I would have
done myself... but I wasn't there to supervise unfortunately.

It has been less than 24 hours so I might do some action... Do you
think I could use something to clean it up better? how about a good
scrub with some water and scrotch brite pad? Or just a sponge?

Probably muriatic acid, but I believe you need to wait maybe a few
weeks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 17, 4:56 am, wrote:
Hi there, I had picked out some flagstone to face a wall, it has good
colaration and also quartz glitter.

After the workers grouted it, they havn't done the best to clean the
grout off, leaving a hazy look. They don't care about the look as
much as I do, not bad but not to the degree of cleaniness I would have
done myself... but I wasn't there to supervise unfortunately.

It has been less than 24 hours so I might do some action... Do you
think I could use something to clean it up better? how about a good
scrub with some water and scrotch brite pad? Or just a sponge?

Some cementitious materials take a week or more to approach full
hardness. I'd relax. Time and sun/weather will have effect, too.

I'd keep it covered and moist right now, to fully cure.

Maybe later, a quick scrub with dilute HCl. Maybe not.

HTH,

Cleaning grout/caulk off jacuzzi Art Home Repair 1 November 21st 06 11:07 PM
Grout Cleaning Problem j Home Repair 1 November 20th 06 03:39 PM
Cleaning Grout Just mee Home Repair 9 September 2nd 06 02:51 AM
grout cleaning D'Olier Home Repair 3 May 15th 04 12:39 AM
Marble Floor Grout Cleaning Randy Collord Home Repair 0 May 1st 04 03:17 PM