Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch dishwasher door hinge replacement

Model SHU9955 - due to the accidental application of excess weight to
our dishwasher door when it was fully open, I believe the hinges are
now slightly pranged to the point where the door will no longer remain
latched closed.

I attempted to remove the hinges but after getting the lower panel off
and poking around in there, I was unable to locate the cable and
spring which was described in an email to me from Repair Clinic.com.
Also, I believe the hinges are in fact mounted by a single screw which
is attached from the outside of the unit, and this area is covered by
a sheet of metal cabinet material, so I am now of the belief that on
this model it will be required to fully remove it from the counter and
then probably tip it over on the backside in order to access the
spring and cable.

Is that correct or is it actually possible to replace hinges in situ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 11, 2:46�pm, Nicholas wrote:
[...]

bosch are HORRIBLE to work on, most likely you will HAVE to strip the
entire unit to get it apart.

the only part replaceable without complete disassembly is the water
valve.

boschs wash excellent but break way too often and parts costs
astroniomical;

they made it a sealed unit so water cantr leak even if theres a
malfunction, but gave zero thought to repairs.

getting it out from under the counter is the least of your conerns