Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

Default New from HUD: Rehabbing Flooded Houses

Just got an email re this. Looks interesting. Handbook on rehabbing
flooded homes with what appears to be an emphasis on work practices.
Now if I just had the time for reading ....

http://www.huduser.org/publications/...od_Houses.html

Welcome to hurricane season, I guess.

Pat.
Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair

On Sep 8, 4:06*pm, Pat wrote:
Just got an email re this. *Looks interesting. *Handbook on rehabbing
flooded homes with what appears to be an emphasis on work practices.
Now if I just had the time for reading ....

http://www.huduser.org/publications/...od_Houses.html

Welcome to hurricane season, I guess.

Pat.

Content looks basic. e.g. be careful going into the house.
OTH, it does seem to bring together information useful in the work.

Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair

" wrote in news:d811ecec-541b-
:

On Sep 8, 4:06*pm, Pat wrote:
Just got an email re this. *Looks interesting. *Handbook on rehabbing
flooded homes with what appears to be an emphasis on work practices.
Now if I just had the time for reading ....

http://www.huduser.org/publications/...od_Houses.html

Welcome to hurricane season, I guess.

Pat.

Content looks basic. e.g. be careful going into the house.

Common sense isn't common any more ...

OTH, it does seem to bring together information useful in the work.

I'm on a local list of people who get called out if there's been a massive
rainstorm and premises need checking. I think I'll use the document as the
starting point for a checksheet - to be printed and laminated. Now where
did I put that scuba-diving pen :-)

Posted to alt.architecture,alt.planning.urban,alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Sep 9, 1:00*pm, Martin Clark wrote:
" wrote in news:d811ecec-541b-
:

On Sep 8, 4:06*pm, Pat wrote:
Just got an email re this. *Looks interesting. *Handbook on rehabbing
flooded homes with what appears to be an emphasis on work practices.
Now if I just had the time for reading ....

http://www.huduser.org/publications/...od_Houses.html

Welcome to hurricane season, I guess.

Pat.

Content looks basic. e.g. be careful going into the house.

Common sense isn't common any more ...

OTH, it does seem to bring together information useful in the work.

I'm on a local list of people who get called out if there's been a massive
rainstorm and premises need checking. I think I'll use the document as the
starting point for a checksheet - to be printed and laminated. Now where
did I put that scuba-diving pen :-)

I've always found it interesting to see how info spreads -- how
someone like to takes to a scene and ends up handing it to someone,
that person takes it to a workshop, then it gets distributed, etc.

HUD, for all of their problems, does put out some pretty decent
publications every once in a while. But granted, they are for niche
"markets".

How come rental houses in the suburbs with a few apartments in them usually always cost much way less than if these houses were just a one-family houses? Chris Tsao Home Repair 4 September 5th 06 08:08 PM
My well is flooded CC Home Repair 8 October 23rd 05 05:58 AM
My well is flooded Home Repair 2 October 20th 05 06:01 PM
My well is flooded Mikepier Home Repair 1 October 20th 05 01:33 PM
victorian/edwardian houses or new houses? mark al UK diy 297 January 16th 04 07:56 PM