CC

Default My well is flooded

Harry K wrote:
CC wrote:

wrote:

I live in the country and have a well. I have been noticing my water
seems wetter than it used to. I decided to take the cover off my well
and have a look. When I looked into the well, I was shocked. I
expected to see a pump and pipes and whatever else is supposed to be
in there. Instead I saw water almost to the top of the well. The
well is supposed to be 370 feet deep and I can see water maybe 25 feet
from the top. My well is flooded. No wonder the water is wetter. I
live in Minnesota, so this flooding is not from the hurricanes, and we
have not had any severe rain storms. I dont know what caused this
flooding. I am afraid the water is going to ruin my pump and pipes.
What can I do to solve this? Should I report this to the Red Cross or
FEMA, and should I call my insurance company?

I shut off the water pump just to be safe. I hope someone can fix
this soon because hauling bath and toilet water 14 miles from the city
is alot of work.

Paul

You're sitting on a gold mine, kid. Red Line Oil spent millions in R&D
to develop WaterWetter® - and all you have to do is pump it from your well!

CC

I suspect what he has is dihydrogen oxide - that is dangerous and
corrosive. Must be contained and handled with care.

Harry K

Nah, the dangers are completely over-blown by the tree-huggers. I've
used the stuff for years without safety equipment and have suffered no
side effects - hell, a couple of times I accidentally fell into an
entire *tub* of it...other than lightening my skin up a couple of
shades, it didn't hurt a bit.

CC
krw

In article OYW5f.45737$b65.31443@okepread01,
says...
Harry K wrote:
CC wrote:

wrote:

[...]

s/dihydrogen oxide/hydrogen hydroxide/ ;-)

Harry K

Nah, the dangers are completely over-blown by the tree-huggers. I've
used the stuff for years without safety equipment and have suffered no
side effects - hell, a couple of times I accidentally fell into an
entire *tub* of it...other than lightening my skin up a couple of
shades, it didn't hurt a bit.

You're lucky! It can be (usually is) fatal even if inhaled.
....even a 5gal pail of it can be fatal.

--
Keith
Doug Chadduck

Harry K wrote:
CC wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Timothy Leary stared a speech one time, many many many years ago, by
placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then
going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its'
deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives
it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over
the years, etc etc etc.
Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it
many years ago and still remember it.

Rich Greenberg

In article ,
wrote:
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:08:48 -0700, Doug Chadduck
wrote:

Timothy Leary stared a speech one time, many many many years ago, by
placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then
going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its'
deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives
it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over
the years, etc etc etc.
Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it
many years ago and still remember it.

Wow - Farout - Groovy !!!!

And what was this substance?

I think I want some, it sounds like a real trip.........

It was either hydrogen hydroxide or perhaps hydroxyl acid.

Harry K

Rich Greenberg wrote:
wrote:

Timothy Leary stared a speech one time, many many many years ago, by
placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then
going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its'
deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives
it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over
the years, etc etc etc.
Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it
many years ago and still remember it.

Wow - Farout - Groovy !!!!

And what was this substance?

I think I want some, it sounds like a real trip.........

It was either hydrogen hydroxide or perhaps hydroxyl acid.

I'll take acid for $200

Harry K

AL

Rich Greenberg wrote:

wrote:

Timothy Leary stared a speech one time, many many many years ago, by
placing a glass of unidentified clear liquid on the podium and then
going on for several minutes explaining and giving examples of its'
deadly nature, how many people it had killed or crippled, how many lives
it had ruined, how many zillions of dollars damage it had caused over
the years, etc etc etc.
Then he took a sip of it and continued the speech. I saw a tape of it
many years ago and still remember it.

Wow - Farout - Groovy !!!!

And what was this substance?

I think I want some, it sounds like a real trip.........

It was either hydrogen hydroxide or perhaps hydroxyl acid.

Would you have meant hydric acid?

I heard some time back it's #9 mineral configuration was discovered but,
fortunately, it did not live up to dire predictions.

AL

flooded basement Susan Home Repair 7 October 18th 05 04:19 PM
Flooded floor Moisture test? John/Charleston Home Repair 3 September 23rd 05 10:01 PM
flooded floor moisture test? John/Charleston Home Ownership 0 September 23rd 05 04:04 AM
motor flooded m Ransley Home Repair 1 January 9th 05 01:16 PM
Dealing with Flooded Tools. Dave Mundt Metalworking 3 October 6th 03 04:58 AM