Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas Range Help

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a Roper gas range,
model# F8957WD, Serial# 7X64378? Does anyone know how old this unit
is?
Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.roperappliances.com/support/

"The Manin Dude" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a Roper gas range,
model# F8957WD, Serial# 7X64378? Does anyone know how old this unit
is?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Manin Dude" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a Roper gas range,
model# F8957WD, Serial# 7X64378? Does anyone know how old this unit
is?

I checked at www.repairclinic.com and judging by the number of discontinued
parts it must be well over 10 years. Even the glass cover for the light in
the oven is discontinued.

Given the diminishing availability of parts for it, don't invest a lot of
money for a major repair. I just got rid of a Roper that was 21 years old
and it was pretty good all that time but then things did fail, like the
oven.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:33:36 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I checked at www.repairclinic.com and judging by the number of discontinued
parts it must be well over 10 years. Even the glass cover for the light in
the oven is discontinued.

Given the diminishing availability of parts for it, don't invest a lot of
money for a major repair. I just got rid of a Roper that was 21 years old
and it was pretty good all that time but then things did fail, like the
oven.

That's why i want to get rid of it, the oven works but has hot and
cold spots and is about 10 to 15 degrees off. If I want it at 350 then
I have to set it at about 365. I dd find some information on it but
not what I was looking for. I posted the wrong Model number too. The
correct number is F8957W0. When you google it you get some stuff but
the only place i can find a manual is a site that wants you to pay for
it. Whatever with that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Manin Dude" wrote in message

That's why i want to get rid of it, the oven works but has hot and
cold spots and is about 10 to 15 degrees off. If I want it at 350 then
I have to set it at about 365. I dd find some information on it but
not what I was looking for. I posted the wrong Model number too. The
correct number is F8957W0. When you google it you get some stuff but
the only place i can find a manual is a site that wants you to pay for
it. Whatever with that.

Then move ahead and you won't be sorry. The Roper was a serviceable range
for many years. When we bought a new Bertazzoni, I was amazed at the
difference a premium range can make. The oven is dead accurate and with
convection, it cooks faster with a nice outer crust and juicy insides. It
is the last range we'll ever buy so I wanted something that we'd enjoy for
many years and this is far better than our expectations. .