Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Reservoir project

I am creating a reservoir for water from my sump pump. I have the 6' hole
dug, and I laid the concrete footer. I am about to lay the blocks for the
walls now. My question is about pipping through the walls. For the outlet
pipe which will be on the bottom of the reservoir, should I run a 3" PVC
pipe through a hold I cut in a cinder block at the bottom and let the
vertical rise occur in the dirt outside of the reservoir? Or should I let
the pipe go up on the inside of the wall and out the top of the reservoir,
and forget cutting a hole in the concrete block?

I will have a 4" intake and a 4" overflow on the opposite side of the
reservoir which will be holes in the concrete blocks near the top.

Thanks for the tips.

CL
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 25, 4:10*pm, "CL \"dnoyeB\" Gilbert" wrote:
...should I run a 3" PVC
pipe through a hold I cut in a cinder block at the bottom and let the
vertical rise occur in the dirt outside of the reservoir? *Or should I let
the pipe go up on the inside of the wall and out the top of the reservoir,
and forget cutting a hole in the concrete block?

I will have a 4" intake and a 4" overflow on the opposite side of the
reservoir which will be holes in the concrete blocks near the top.

Thanks for the tips.

CL

If you have the space, my opinion is to do it inside the enclosure, so
you can always observe/inspect/repair the pipe if needed.
Is this exposed to freeze/thaw? Careful to allow for positive
drainage and keep insulated/heated, especially if your setup includes
a checkvalve.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert" wrote in message
news
I am creating a reservoir for water from my sump pump. I have the 6' hole
dug, and I laid the concrete footer. I am about to lay the blocks for the
walls now. My question is about pipping through the walls. For the outlet
pipe which will be on the bottom of the reservoir, should I run a 3" PVC
pipe through a hold I cut in a cinder block at the bottom and let the
vertical rise occur in the dirt outside of the reservoir? Or should I let
the pipe go up on the inside of the wall and out the top of the reservoir,
and forget cutting a hole in the concrete block?

I will have a 4" intake and a 4" overflow on the opposite side of the
reservoir which will be holes in the concrete blocks near the top.

Thanks for the tips.

How are you sealing the reservoir? Neither cinder block nor concrete are
waterproof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert" wrote in message
. ..

[...]