Posted to alt.home.repair
CL \dnoyeB\ Gilbert CL \dnoyeB\ Gilbert is offline

Default Reservoir project

I am creating a reservoir for water from my sump pump. I have the 6' hole
dug, and I laid the concrete footer. I am about to lay the blocks for the
walls now. My question is about pipping through the walls. For the outlet
pipe which will be on the bottom of the reservoir, should I run a 3" PVC
pipe through a hold I cut in a cinder block at the bottom and let the
vertical rise occur in the dirt outside of the reservoir? Or should I let
the pipe go up on the inside of the wall and out the top of the reservoir,
and forget cutting a hole in the concrete block?

I will have a 4" intake and a 4" overflow on the opposite side of the
reservoir which will be holes in the concrete blocks near the top.

Thanks for the tips.

CL