Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dental Bridge Adhesive?

My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Aug 25, 11:05 am, Duff wrote:
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

Go to the drugstore and see what they carry. Use at your own risk.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Pat Pat is offline

On Aug 25, 11:15 am, Pat wrote:
On Aug 25, 11:05 am, Duff wrote:

My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

Go to the drugstore and see what they carry. Use at your own risk.

I hereby retract my previous post. Pick up the phone and call your
dentist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 25, 11:05*am, Duff wrote:
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

*Duff

If Ihad to wait 4 weeks to see my dentist, I'd be looking for a new
dentist.
As for adhesives, the ones used for dentures may be adequate for a
cosmetic fix.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Duff wrote:

My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

I'd get another dentist. Four weeks is obscene.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd call the dentist back and tell them you need an appt right away to have
it recemented temporarily. There's really nothing that you can use as a
temp fix. Denture adhesive won't hold it, and anything else, say things
like super glue which are not for biological uses would be dangerous to you.
Not to mention, that if they bond to the preparations and the dentist has to
remove it, there's the risk of damaging the tooth prep or margin and thereby
rendering your permanent bridge currently under fabrication useless and a
new one will have to be made. I can pretty much guarantee that the dentist
won't eat the lab costs for a new bridge if you ruin it's usefullness by
using some form of glue on your teeth. That's the reason why they use the
temp glue, it's easy to remove without damaging the underlying preparations.
It's pretty quick to recement and reasonably common for it to let go prior
to the final restoration being completed. The dentist should just say "pop
on in at 'reasonable time' and I'll put it back in"

"Duff" wrote in message
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Duff" wrote in message
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

They do make an OTC adhesive for exactly
that purpose. It is not permanent,
but it will hold for a few days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 25, 11:05*am, Duff wrote:
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

*Duff

This has happened to me nearly every time I had restoration work done.

Call the dentist. They should squeeze you in within a day or two.
You
probably won't see the dentist; the assistant usually takes care of
this.
There should be no charge.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pat" wrote in message
On Aug 25, 11:05 am, Duff wrote:
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

I had a gold crown come off..was on a lengthy Winter vacation away from
home..5 months
I cleaned the crown thoroughly and the "stub" left inside, then applied
superglue to the crown and re-applied.
As my dentist does, I "bit down" on a stick for about 10-15 min til the
adhesive set up.
It held up fine for over 3 months til I got home & to the dentist. YMMV

Posted to alt.home.repair

dental gold? Grant Erwin Metalworking 26 August 17th 08 01:23 PM
Dental Gold Larry Jaques Metalworking 2 August 8th 08 12:37 PM
Interlocking Suspended Ceiling/Fixing Trunking - Self adhesive or Impact adhesive. [email protected] UK diy 0 February 3rd 06 09:21 AM
Dental X-ray machine Al A. Electronics Repair 14 June 17th 04 02:49 AM