Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Dental Bridge Adhesive?

Stormlady wrote:
I'd call the dentist back and tell them you need an appt right away to have
it recemented temporarily. There's really nothing that you can use as a
temp fix. Denture adhesive won't hold it, and anything else, say things
like super glue which are not for biological uses would be dangerous to you.
Not to mention, that if they bond to the preparations and the dentist has to
remove it, there's the risk of damaging the tooth prep or margin and thereby
rendering your permanent bridge currently under fabrication useless and a
new one will have to be made. I can pretty much guarantee that the dentist
won't eat the lab costs for a new bridge if you ruin it's usefullness by
using some form of glue on your teeth. That's the reason why they use the
temp glue, it's easy to remove without damaging the underlying preparations.
It's pretty quick to recement and reasonably common for it to let go prior
to the final restoration being completed. The dentist should just say "pop
on in at 'reasonable time' and I'll put it back in"

"Duff" wrote in message
My temporary dental bridge came out and I need to know what adhesive I
can use to keep it in place until I see the dentist in about 4 weeks.

Duff

They do make an OTC adhesive for exactly
that purpose. It is not permanent,
but it will hold for a few days.