Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fighting moisture in basement

Hi,

I have a wetness problem in my basement, which you can see on this
pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/basement.jpg

I was wondering if the stucco that was plastered over the stone is
serving a wetness fighting function or am I better off removing it
(exposing the good looking stones) and repointing the granite?

(I'm aware of other wetness fighting methods like the dehum, french
drain, etc.)

Thanks,

Aaron
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 12:39*am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have a wetness problem in my basement, which you can see on this
pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/basement.jpg

I was wondering if the stucco that was plastered over the stone is
serving a wetness fighting function or am I better off removing it
(exposing the good looking stones) and repointing the granite?

(I'm aware of other wetness fighting methods like the dehum, french
drain, etc.)

Thanks,

Aaron

That looks like a serious problem. If it was my house I would geat a
good mask and start ripping out carpet and drywall.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 30, 12:39�am, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

I have a wetness problem in my basement, which you can see on this
pictu

http://freeboundaries.com/basement.jpg

I was wondering if the stucco that was plastered over the stone is
serving a wetness fighting function or am I better off removing it
(exposing the good looking stones) and repointing the granite?

(I'm aware of other wetness fighting methods like the dehum, french
drain, etc.)

Thanks,

Aaron

no coating will fix your problem, but go ahead and strip the wall, and
re point the joints and drylock the walls.

it might help you feel your addressing the problem, but its not.

moisture and basement laminates erikstruven Home Repair 2 December 28th 06 08:53 AM
Sealing/painting finished walls in basement? Moisture issues? DCheesi Home Repair 2 April 30th 06 06:08 PM
moisture basement Trent Home Repair 0 December 7th 05 05:39 PM
Basement moisture - Pics - Look Strange to you?? [email protected] Home Ownership 9 June 21st 05 03:54 PM
WTK: Best way to moisture proof a basement closet [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 22nd 05 03:53 AM