Posted to alt.home.repair

Default moisture and basement laminates

does anyone know about moisture getting to a laminate floor from the
concrete to the surface. my laminate floor looks like it got wet, and
before i look for a foundation crack or something i was wonderingif its
possible for moisture to gather underneath the floor between the concrete
and the laminate??
thanx
Posted to alt.home.repair

"erikstruven" wrote in message
news:07d124e8b350ba438cd379e12c488197@homerepairli ve.com...
does anyone know about moisture getting to a laminate floor from the
concrete to the surface. my laminate floor looks like it got wet, and
before i look for a foundation crack or something i was wonderingif its
possible for moisture to gather underneath the floor between the concrete
and the laminate??
thanx

It certainly is possible. There should be a moisture barrier when
installed, but in extreme cases, that may not be enough.

Posted to alt.home.repair

yes.
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm

erikstruven wrote:
does anyone know about moisture getting to a laminate floor from the
concrete to the surface. my laminate floor looks like it got wet, and
before i look for a foundation crack or something i was wonderingif its
possible for moisture to gather underneath the floor between the concrete
and the laminate??
thanx

Sealing/painting finished walls in basement? Moisture issues? DCheesi Home Repair 2 April 30th 06 06:08 PM
moisture basement Trent Home Repair 0 December 7th 05 05:39 PM
Basement moisture - Pics - Look Strange to you?? [email protected] Home Ownership 9 June 21st 05 03:54 PM
WTK: Best way to moisture proof a basement closet [email protected] Home Repair 5 March 22nd 05 03:53 AM
Wood floor laminates TC Home Repair 6 October 13th 04 07:43 PM