Default WTK: Best way to moisture proof a basement closet

I am planning to build a walk-in closet in my basement, to be used for
storage of various items. My basement is currently unfinished, though I
had painted the walls with drylock to try and reduce moisture, which is
an ongoing struggle. I would like the closet to be as close to
"moisture-proof" as possible. I was considering using 2x4's for
framing, and plywood for wallboard (instead of sheetrock). As a vapor
barrier, I'm considering lining the entire closet with 6-mil plastic,
sandwiched between the plywood and the 2x4's. Has anyone tried using
6-mil plastic to prevent moisture from entering a closet? any feedback
is appreciated.

stretch

If you have drylock on the walls it is already a vapor barrier. Do not
get 2 vapor barriers in a wall, you could trap moisture in the wall and
cause it to rot. Otherwise the 6-mil plastic should work.

Stretch

m Ransley

The closet is in the basement so it will be the basements humidty or
higher as it is on an outside wall without air circulation. If you want
it lower run a dehumidifier.

m Ransley

1 coat, even 7 coats of drylock will not fully stop water under
pressure, therefore it is not a 100% moisture barrier. Yes Ive used 7
coats many times in leakers, and some moisture still pushes through.
Dyrlock is cement -rubber cement is not a moisture barrier