DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   moisture and basement laminates (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/187280-moisture-basement-laminates.html)

erikstruven December 28th 06 02:34 AM

moisture and basement laminates

does anyone know about moisture getting to a laminate floor from the
concrete to the surface. my laminate floor looks like it got wet, and
before i look for a foundation crack or something i was wonderingif its
possible for moisture to gather underneath the floor between the concrete
and the laminate??
thanx

Edwin Pawlowski December 28th 06 03:02 AM

"erikstruven" wrote in message
news:07d124e8b350ba438cd379e12c488197@homerepairli ve.com...
does anyone know about moisture getting to a laminate floor from the
concrete to the surface. my laminate floor looks like it got wet, and
before i look for a foundation crack or something i was wonderingif its
possible for moisture to gather underneath the floor between the concrete
and the laminate??
thanx

It certainly is possible. There should be a moisture barrier when
installed, but in extreme cases, that may not be enough.

buffalobill December 28th 06 08:53 AM

moisture and basement laminates

yes.
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner.htm