Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil Nil is offline

Default Dishwasher hookup leak

Just got a new dishwasher (Kenmore model 665.13834) and I'm having
trouble with the water hookup. I bought the required elbow that goes
between the water supply line and the water inlet valve. I just CANNOT
get it to not leak. I think I've finally gotten it to stop dripping
from the supply-side of the joint with the use of some teflon tape, but
I can't seem to stop the leak from the valve side.

Here's a picture of the assembly (the dishwasher is turned on its side
to expose the bottom):

http://home.comcast.net/~esionder/temp/dishwasher1.jpg

I've tried two different elbows. I've tried it with and without teflon
pipe tape. I've run out of ideas. Does anyone have any other tricks for
making water-tight connections in this kind of situation?