Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default worthwhile to put up a new wall in 500sq ft apt to make it a 1 bdrm?

I own a 500 sq ft apartment in downtown DC. I’m trying to decide if
it would be worthwhile to put up a wall that splits the kitchen and
living room from the bedroom. Would the apartment be more valuable if
it’s sold as a one bedroom instead of a junior one bedroom? The cost
of the wall should be about $1500. Last year I renovated the
apartment and put the kitchen in a different spot, so the apartment
now has a new layout that lends itself nicely to a division of the
apartment's bedroom and main living area.

Also, how much should the 14ft wall cost me? I want to do a pocket
door to save space.