Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need a new porch light fixture. LEDs ready yet?

The light bulb in the fixture on the ceiling of my front porch died last
week; I tried to disassemble the fixture and find that it will take
destructive measures to get it apart.

First of all, I'm having a hard time finding an outdoor light fixture as
low profile as the one that's there. There's only maybe 6" or so
between the ceiling of the porch and the top of the screen door.

Secondly, I was wondering if LED lights would be suitable for such an
application, and if so, any specific recommendations would be
appreciated. I feel kinda guilty leaving a 25W incandescent on for
hours just so I can see the doorknob if I come home late at night.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Light fixture [email protected] Home Repair 10 September 18th 07 05:39 PM
Light Fixture newbee Home Repair 4 March 12th 07 10:13 PM
Light/Fan Fixture Brian Staff Home Repair 5 November 13th 06 12:22 PM
Light Fixture Will No barry martin Home Repair 3 February 23rd 04 10:17 PM