Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default storage of kindling

My HOA is at it again, and I think they want me to do something about
my kindling. How is it supposed to be stored?

I think theym, actually she, wants me to throw it away but I haven't
been able to get a straight answer.

It's not all straight and parallel, and stacked up one or more of the
HOA board think it has room for rats to nest. I suppose so, but I
don't have any, have never had any.

I've broken some pieces in two where they bend and it stacks better
that way.

I haven't really seen people storing kindling -- Do people do that --
but for the first time I have a big supply and I enjoy it and want to
save it for fires.

Part of a tree on public land fell down last summer on to my property,
and I cut it up, and I'm happy to have the wood. This spring I burned
about half of the kindling and half of the wood in my fireplace. I
wanted to burn 2/3rds of what's left and the burn the rest over a
longer period of time.

Thanks

How to Cut Kindling? Davy UK diy 39 February 7th 08 09:48 AM
STORAGE BOX J T Woodworking 0 September 14th 06 01:31 AM
CD Storage [email protected] Woodworking 16 April 29th 06 11:04 PM
Hex bit storage? Dave O'Heare Woodworking 12 November 18th 04 09:51 PM
Kindling for the Fire Watson A.Name - Watt Sun Electronics Repair 119 October 24th 03 07:55 PM