Posted to alt.home.repair

Default reprogram remotes

Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It
was purchased 3 years ago.
-------------------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 4:54*pm, (huntermillsaps)
wrote:
Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It
was purchased 3 years ago.
-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

A 1/2 horsepower what? TV? A/C?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It
was purchased 3 years ago.
-------------------------------------

A 1/2 horsepower what? TV? A/C?

I'm guessing garage door closer.

--Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

huntermillsaps wrote:
Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It
was purchased 3 years ago.

Mr Sears, maybe? Did you try looking up the part no on their site?

Posted to alt.home.repair

--

go to

http://www.1stdooropeners.com/

they have a great site, lots of parts & info

check your remote's signal frequency & match it the remotes
shown.....click on coding instructions & you're good to go

I buy my replacement remotes there, fast, easy, cheap

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

"huntermillsaps" wrote in message

Does anyone know how to reprogram a craftsman 1/2 horsepower remote? It
was purchased 3 years ago.

Does the remote use straight gas or gas/oil mix? Does it get noisy when you
change the channel on the TV? I'm sticking with the battery operated one.

Posted to alt.home.repair

It depends on which model you have.
Here's one possible solution I found on http://www.gardenweb.com:
"My wall unit has a lock feature. When it is active, the remotes will not
work but the wall unit and outdoor unit will open and close the door. To
activate, I press and hold the small button on the wall unit for 2 or more
seconds. To deactivate, repeat the 2-second hold. When locked, the wall unit
light flashes. No flashing when de-activated."

Also,
"My current ceiling unit has an SRT (learn) button on the control panel that
is used in conjuction with the remote. Iif yours has such a thing, you will
have to remove a panel or other kind of protector. Here's how my remote gets
programmed to match the sensor. With the door closed, press and hold the
remote button. Then press and release the SRT button. The indicator light on
the ceiling unit panel will begin to blink and the opener light will flash
once. Release the remote button."

Lots of problems with these units.
Hope this helps.

huntermillsaps wrote...