Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pressure washer as mister system pump?

I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800 PSI
units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system pump?(
with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Alexander SuperTramp" wrote in message
I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800
PSI units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system
pump?( with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

What about using an RO sytem booster pump?
DDP-5800 delivery pump available at
http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/de...d=aquatec-5800 is the
most common type used. The variable speed version will give you the quietest
pulse free operation.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 6:07*pm, "Alexander SuperTramp" wrote:
I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800 PSI
units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system pump?(
with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe
google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 6:07 pm, "Alexander SuperTramp" wrote:
I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800
PSI
units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system pump?(
with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe
google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

That's the point, I want to add pressure to an existing outdoor system with
about 20 nozzles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wadekyle had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...mp-321640-.htm
:

I was thinking of the same thing. It will make alot more noise than the
pumps made for the systems, unless you were to by the belt drive pumps. As
for puting to much water out, I beleive that will not be a problem if you
hook a regultaor up to it. Most of the commercial pumps go up to 60 gal.
per min. for large applications. You could regulate it down to 1 gal. per
min.. But the noise I beleive is the bad part and also not sure of the
continious duty cycle on that preasure washer motor. If you have
researched more since your last post let me know.
-------------------------------------

wrote:
I have found that the pumps for misting systems are
extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer
(800
PSI
units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister
system pump?(
with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe
google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

That's the point, I want to add pressure to an existing outdoor system
with
about 20 nozzles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yup and I have been looking at these...
http://www.waterfiltersonline.com/de...d=aquatec-5800
Granted the pressure is much less, but still may work for MY application.
Still looking for a fogco 1000PSI unit.
I would still like to research the pressure washer method, I suppose it
could be mounted on the roof of the patio in an enclosure to cut down the
noise.

wrote:
I have found that the pumps for misting systems are
extraordinarily
expensive.
It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer
(800
PSI
units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister
system pump?(
with some modifications likely).
Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe
google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

That's the point, I want to add pressure to an existing outdoor system
with
about 20 nozzles.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Alexander SuperTramp, LuigiA wrote:
20 nozzles system with 0.012" nozzle size will need 0.6 GPM flow.
https://www.ecologictechnologiesinc....ate_chart.html
A commercial Pressure washer delivering 1600 PSI at 1.2 GPM (single nozzle)
costs $90.
Ryobi Model # RY141612
Even if it does not last that long "as the mister pump maker will tell you",
you can buy 20 of those for the price of mister pump. There is no technical
reason not to use it.
I will try it!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-320991-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 24, 2019 at 10:14:06 AM UTC-4, LuigiA wrote:
replying to Alexander SuperTramp, LuigiA wrote:
20 nozzles system with 0.012" nozzle size will need 0.6 GPM flow.
https://www.ecologictechnologiesinc....ate_chart.html
A commercial Pressure washer delivering 1600 PSI at 1.2 GPM (single nozzle)
costs $90.
Ryobi Model # RY141612
Even if it does not last that long "as the mister pump maker will tell you",
you can buy 20 of those for the price of mister pump. There is no technical
reason not to use it.
I will try it!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...mp-320991-.htm

Seems to me you're comparing a cheap pressure washer pump model
to an expensive misting pump model, while there are much less expensive
misting pumps available. If using a pressure washing pump, first things
I'd be concerned about are what pressure the system needs versus how low
the pw can be set and how much noise the PW makes and if that's a problem
where it will be located.