Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

Default 'House Hunters' on HGTV -- why are the people/couples *always* suchassholes?

Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act
this way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being
hyper-
sensitive here? It really bugs me. (Host) Suzanne Whang is okay,
though. Assholes.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...0db5803a3fe1ab

House Hunters
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369117/

_______________________________________
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m50zr4&s=4

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Taylor" wrote in message
Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act
this way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being
hyper-
sensitive here? It really bugs me. (Host) Suzanne Whang is okay,
though. Assholes.

The show is designed to reflect the values and attitudes of the
audience, so that the audience identifies with the actors, the show,
and most importantly the sponsors. That's Marketing 101.

What does that tell you about the audience?
Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

Homes cost a lot of money. I was picky too while house hunting.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...d/thread/e5492...

House Huntershttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369117/

_______________________________________http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m50zr4&s=4

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 4:34�am, Taylor wrote:

Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act
this way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being
hyper-
sensitive here? It really bugs me. (Host) Suzanne Whang is okay,
though. Assholes.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...d/thread/e5492...

House Huntershttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369117/

_______________________________________http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m50zr4&s=4- Hide quoted text -

yeah having sold a home a few years ago, people got %$^&* over the
tinest item.....

like this home has no shutters, while none in the neighborhood do, and
besides few actually are functional, and being pure decorative create
a maintence hassle............

it the biggest most expensive purchase most people will EVER
make........
so they should be pickey..........

show reflects the real world.

buyers today want a PERFECT FLAWLESS HOME.........

90% of all buyers want a no repairs needed home.....

just move in, then change things later.

posters here are DIY type. like myself I would prefer a fixer upper

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

on 7/24/2008 5:27 AM Steve Barker DLT said the following:
what i can't figger out is why they always want to feature a bunch of queer
*******s.

Just to upset some homophobics.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 4:34*am, Taylor wrote:
Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act
this way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being
hyper-
sensitive here? It really bugs me. (Host) Suzanne Whang is okay,
though. Assholes.

They're on TV. Who but an asshole would want to reveal their private
business on television?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 01:34:01 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
wrote:

Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act
this way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being
hyper-sensitive here? It really bugs me.

I would be more interested in seeing some follow up shows. Does
anyone ever attempt to buy and remodel for the price indicated?
When it's all over, what did/does it really cost? Do they need Holmes
on Homes to get it done right?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
starrin spewed forth:
wrote:

I would be more interested in seeing some follow up shows. Does
anyone ever attempt to buy and remodel for the price indicated?
When it's all over, what did/does it really cost? Do they need Holmes
on Homes to get it done right?

Holmes on Homes is by far the BEST home show on.
I've NEVER seen him put a band-aid on anything.
Trading Places and the like could sure take many a lesson from that show

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 01:34:01 -0700, Taylor wrote:

Seriously. EVERY episode is the same way. They bitch about ALL the
problems they see in all 3 houses and come off looking like snobby
assholes. Do they choose the people who appear on this show who act this
way, do they tell them to play up the faults, or am I being hyper-
sensitive here? It really bugs me. (Host) Suzanne Whang is okay, though.
Assholes.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...thread/thread/

e5492ec588d608c1/960db5803a3fe1ab?hl=en&lnk=st&q=house+hunter+act+l ike
+assholes#960db5803a3fe1ab

House Hunters
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369117/

_______________________________________
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m50zr4&s=4

Some people think they have to complain or be negative or no one will
take them seriously. Everyone's a critic. The Internet has made it much
easier to get those opinions disseminated. Now everyone's an expert, too.

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

On Jul 24, 4:34�am, Taylor wrote:

[...]

Dude! They're NOT buying a MacBook here. It's *only* a house. ;-)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=525357

show reflects the real world.

buyers today want a PERFECT FLAWLESS HOME.........

90% of all buyers want a no repairs needed home.....

just move in, then change things later.

posters here are DIY type. like myself I would prefer a fixer upper- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.home.repair

Holmes on Homes is by far the BEST home show on.
I've NEVER seen him put a band-aid on anything.
Trading Places and the like could sure take many a lesson from that show

It must be nice to have a bottomless wallet when doing renovations.

....on the other hand, how do us REAL people find a contractor with the same
standards as he does?

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a.../thread/e5492e
c588d608c1/960db5803a3fe1ab?hl=en&lnk=st&q=house+hunter+act+l ike+assho
les#960db5803a3fe1ab

House Hunters
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369117/

_______________________________________
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2m50zr4&s=4

Editing?

o gawd,
I don't like this paint.
I don't like this lamp.
I don't like this microscopic nothing.
AND
I never heard of so many men being so fussy about the inside of their
house.
Are they all gay?- Hide quoted text -

"I don't like this professional camera in the middle of the room w/
the 'Scripps Network/HGTV' name etched on it and the man holding
it..."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25 Jul 2008 05:23:19 GMT, FlavorFlav
wrote Re 'House Hunters' on HGTV -- why are the people/couples
*always* such assholes?:

o gawd,
I don't like this paint.
I don't like this lamp.
I don't like this microscopic nothing.
AND
I never heard of so many men being so fussy about the inside of their
house.
Are they all gay?

Yes

Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

On Jul 25, 12:23*am, "Calab" wrote:
Holmes on Homes is by far the BEST home show on.
I've NEVER seen him put a band-aid on anything.
Trading Places and the like could sure take many a lesson from that show

It must be nice to have a bottomless wallet when doing renovations.

The home owner, after getting burned once typically only pays 10-20%
for what Holmes and company does in the remediation.

...on the other hand, how do us REAL people find a contractor with the same
standards as he does?

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
[...]

I suspect these things are scripted.

Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

adam russell wrote:
[...]

Oddly enough, on the cable-only house-flipping show I used to (briefly)
watch, the flippers seemed to be hand-picket to be utter morons. Maybe
this is to make the view feel smarter, in the "if that idiot can do it,
I can do it" way.
Posted to alt.tv.trading-spaces,alt.home.repair

Tony wrote:

adam russell wrote:
"franz fripplfrappl" wrote
[...]

Of course they're scripted.

No contractor in his right mind would start a kitchen renovation by
taking a sledge to the cabinets and walls. First, they're easier to get
out in big pieces, second, you might be able to sell them, and third,
it's dangerous to swing hammers for no reason. It's all for show.

I remember one where they repainted the outside of a small apartment
building three times before the boss was happy with the color, spending
$20,000 instead of $7,000. That *had* to be for the TV viewer.

Most remodels and renovations go just fine (except for taking longer
than the customer wants). TV shows depend on conflict and tension.
Build the tensions throughout the show, then relieve it at the end for
a big, happy ending.

/HomeTime/ is the only show I can think of where almost everything goes
right, and that's because it's more a how-to-do-it-yourself show than a
drama. Did you ever notice that the flip shows *always* have a house
with major problems? A house that an intelligent person would rebuild
from the ground up? All those "hidden" problems allow the flipper to
"find" them later and overact "worry" for the camera. All the
"surprises" I've seen in the shows would have be found by a good home
inspector.

The real thing to worry about is how long it takes to find a buyer
after the work is done.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Do people build an add-on brick chimney up the side of a house? MM UK diy 5 July 1st 08 10:32 PM
stupid hunters Jeff Woodworking 10 November 20th 07 04:09 PM
finding good people to work on my house ? betsyb Home Repair 20 March 26th 07 01:57 AM
HGTV Dream House questions RicodJour Home Repair 12 November 28th 06 12:42 AM