Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Maytag dryer timer never stops

I have a Maytag dryer, model LDE7304ACE (10-15 years old?) that works
fine except that the timer never stops. The dryer stops drying at the
right time, but the timer dial just keeps turning (and ticking). We've
been working around the problem by just unplugging it when we aren't
using it, and if it would cost a lot to fix (like buying a new timer),
I'd just as soon buy a new dryer since we've been thinking about
replacing our washer anyway. Any chance this is something easily and
cheaply fixed?