Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Maytag dryer timer never stops

CS22 wrote:
I have a Maytag dryer, model LDE7304ACE (10-15 years old?) that works
fine except that the timer never stops. The dryer stops drying at the
right time, but the timer dial just keeps turning (and ticking). We've
been working around the problem by just unplugging it when we aren't
using it, and if it would cost a lot to fix (like buying a new timer),
I'd just as soon buy a new dryer since we've been thinking about
replacing our washer anyway. Any chance this is something easily and
cheaply fixed?

Looks like the timer motor is about $130.00. That's about 15% the cost of a
new dryer.

Still, when you pull it out to do the replacement, it may be obvious what
the problem is. It may even be as simple as a loose wire.