Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower columns

Any experience here with shower columns--the fixtures that hang from a
regular shower head supply and include body jets and a handheld sprayer?
I saw one in an upscale store the other day that was way overpriced at
$3,000, but I see them on-line for US$500 or US$600. In particular the
Dreamline brand looks good but I wonder how effective and sturdy it is.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Harlan Messinger wrote in
:

Any experience here with shower columns--the fixtures that hang from a
regular shower head supply and include body jets and a handheld sprayer?
I saw one in an upscale store the other day that was way overpriced at
$3,000, but I see them on-line for US$500 or US$600. In particular the
Dreamline brand looks good but I wonder how effective and sturdy it is.

I go in the shower. I wash my hair with less than a buck a bottle shampoo
and rinse twice. I wash my face with cheap ****ing soap and a washcloth and
rinse. I wash the rest and rinse. I'm in and out in less than ten. I can't
imagine why I need 500-3000 worth of useless **** in there with me for that
time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue 15 Jul 2008 09:26:46p, Red Green told us...

Harlan Messinger wrote in
:

Any experience here with shower columns--the fixtures that hang from a
regular shower head supply and include body jets and a handheld
sprayer? I saw one in an upscale store the other day that was way
overpriced at $3,000, but I see them on-line for US$500 or US$600. In
particular the Dreamline brand looks good but I wonder how effective
and sturdy it is.

I go in the shower. I wash my hair with less than a buck a bottle
shampoo and rinse twice. I wash my face with cheap ****ing soap and a
washcloth and rinse. I wash the rest and rinse. I'm in and out in less
than ten. I can't imagine why I need 500-3000 worth of useless **** in
there with me for that time.

You may or may or not be typical. Shower columns, either add-ons or built-
ins, are a luxury item that many people enjoy. For them it's not just a 10
minute ritual of soaping up and rinsing off, be it cheap or expensive
brands of cleansing products.

Such a unit can be relaxing and/or invigorating, and sometimes therapeutic.
If you don't have these needs, then you clearly don't need or want one.
Some people do.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Tuesday, 07(VII)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
Harlan Messinger wrote in
:

Any experience here with shower columns--the fixtures that hang from a
regular shower head supply and include body jets and a handheld sprayer?
I saw one in an upscale store the other day that was way overpriced at
$3,000, but I see them on-line for US$500 or US$600. In particular the
Dreamline brand looks good but I wonder how effective and sturdy it is.

I go in the shower. I wash my hair with less than a buck a bottle shampoo
and rinse twice. I wash my face with cheap ****ing soap and a washcloth and
rinse. I wash the rest and rinse. I'm in and out in less than ten. I can't
imagine why I need 500-3000 worth of useless **** in there with me for that
time.

If I only ever took into account my needs, I'd live in a two-room
apartment with bare walls, eat nothing but frozen foods, and get all my
entertainment from the radio and broadcast television.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/16/2008 10:38 AM Harlan Messinger spake thus:

Red Green wrote:

Harlan Messinger wrote in
:

[...]

In other words, like a lot of us, probably, you could do OK in prison.

(Well, except for the shower part ... you know, dropped bars of soap and
all.)

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken