Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower columns

On 7/16/2008 10:38 AM Harlan Messinger spake thus:

Red Green wrote:

Harlan Messinger wrote in
:

Any experience here with shower columns--the fixtures that hang from a
regular shower head supply and include body jets and a handheld sprayer?
I saw one in an upscale store the other day that was way overpriced at
$3,000, but I see them on-line for US$500 or US$600. In particular the
Dreamline brand looks good but I wonder how effective and sturdy it is.

I go in the shower. I wash my hair with less than a buck a bottle shampoo
and rinse twice. I wash my face with cheap ****ing soap and a washcloth and
rinse. I wash the rest and rinse. I'm in and out in less than ten. I can't
imagine why I need 500-3000 worth of useless **** in there with me for that
time.

If I only ever took into account my needs, I'd live in a two-room
apartment with bare walls, eat nothing but frozen foods, and get all my
entertainment from the radio and broadcast television.

In other words, like a lot of us, probably, you could do OK in prison.

(Well, except for the shower part ... you know, dropped bars of soap and
all.)

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken