Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Move Electric Clothes Dryer

I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, JacksonD wrote:
I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

As long as you make good connections in the box, you should be fine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

cool chart on maximum dryer vent run lengths

http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/...oto&PhotoID=80
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 14, 12:06*am, Rick-Meister wrote:
cool chart on maximum dryer vent run lengths

http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/...ShowPhoto&Phot....

I would also like to add use rigid or the corrugated flex hose duct,
not plastic or tin foil flex duct.
In HD or Lowes they still sell that tin foil hose by Deflecto. Why, I
don't know since most manufacturers tell you don't use the tin foil
flex hose.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, JacksonD wrote:
I need to move an electricdryerabout 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

Thank for the replies.
Vent pipe length not an issue.
Will be same length.
Short run.
Will use appropriate material.

I will extend the circuit making sure connections are good,

Thanks so much !

Ventless Electric Clothes Dryer Smarty Home Repair 7 May 20th 08 01:28 PM
Squeaking GE Electric Clothes Dryer The Ranger Home Repair 1 February 25th 08 08:49 PM
Old Maytag electric clothes dryer. [email protected] Electronics Repair 9 January 29th 08 12:49 AM
Electric clothes dryer Jim Home Repair 2 August 7th 05 11:11 PM
Clothes dryer timer motor doesn't move Ray K Home Repair 5 April 25th 05 01:35 PM