DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Move Electric Clothes Dryer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/255424-move-electric-clothes-dryer.html)

JacksonD July 14th 08 03:36 AM

Move Electric Clothes Dryer

I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

Mikepier July 14th 08 03:44 AM

On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, JacksonD wrote:
I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

As long as you make good connections in the box, you should be fine.

Red Green July 14th 08 04:18 AM

Move Electric Clothes Dryer

JacksonD wrote in news:01c02bfc-3f36-4991-a9d3-
:

I need to move an electric dryer about 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

Another thing is are you making the vent shorter or longer? There are
limitations that a) are code and b) make safety sense.

Rick-Meister July 14th 08 05:06 AM

Move Electric Clothes Dryer

cool chart on maximum dryer vent run lengths

http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/...oto&PhotoID=80

Mikepier July 14th 08 01:09 PM

On Jul 14, 12:06*am, Rick-Meister wrote:
cool chart on maximum dryer vent run lengths

http://groups.msn.com/Appliantology/...ShowPhoto&Phot....

I would also like to add use rigid or the corrugated flex hose duct,
not plastic or tin foil flex duct.
In HD or Lowes they still sell that tin foil hose by Deflecto. Why, I
don't know since most manufacturers tell you don't use the tin foil
flex hose.

JacksonD July 15th 08 12:21 AM

Move Electric Clothes Dryer

On Jul 13, 10:36*pm, JacksonD wrote:
I need to move an electricdryerabout 15' further from the panel than
it is now (25' from panel).

Is it OK to continue the circuit from the box that currently contains
the 220V 30A receptacle, or do I need to completely replace the entire
run so there are no wire-nut connections.

Thank you

Thank for the replies.
Vent pipe length not an issue.
Will be same length.
Short run.
Will use appropriate material.

I will extend the circuit making sure connections are good,

Thanks so much !