Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who makes a corner shower kit with a drain 18" off the wall?

I have a drain in my basement bath made to be used for a shower, but it's
18" off both walls. I've tried searching for corner shower kits (neo-angle
that have a drain 18" off the walls) online with no success. I realize I
could tile in a custom shower, but I was hoping to get away with just a kit
for this shower that will be seldom used.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 06:03:07 -0400, CraigT wrote:

I have a drain in my basement bath made to be used for a shower, but
it's 18" off both walls. I've tried searching for corner shower kits
(neo-angle that have a drain 18" off the walls) online with no success.
I realize I could tile in a custom shower, but I was hoping to get away
with just a kit for this shower that will be seldom used.

Thanks

One would think there'd be a blank shower pan that could be fitted for
situations like yours. Have you inquired at a plumbing wholesaler or
kitchen/bath design shop?

Franz Fripplfrappl
Posted to alt.home.repair

CraigT wrote:
I have a drain in my basement bath made to be used for a shower, but it's
18" off both walls. I've tried searching for corner shower kits (neo-angle
that have a drain 18" off the walls) online with no success. I realize I
could tile in a custom shower, but I was hoping to get away with just a kit
for this shower that will be seldom used.

Thanks

If the standard is 12", have you considered setting the shower 6" out
from walls, then framing in the gap, possibly making use of space with
shelves etc ?? Obviously this could make for other issues (cover a
window, cramps the space, etc)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 12, 2008 at 5:03:07 AM UTC-5, CraigT wrote:
I have a drain in my basement bath made to be used for a shower, but it's
18" off both walls. I've tried searching for corner shower kits (neo-angle
that have a drain 18" off the walls) online with no success. I realize I
could tile in a custom shower, but I was hoping to get away with just a kit
for this shower that will be seldom used.

Thanks

Did you ever find Supplier??? I am in the same boat converting 36x36 to 36x42 Square Shower