Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water leakage between eavestrough and fascia board

I notice during heavy rain storms I get leaks between my eavestrough
and the fascia board, the wood board the eavestroughs are connected
too, that's called a fascia right? Anyway I noticed it leaks and in
some places it drips down as a little stream. Is this normal? If not
is this something I fix myself with alot of cauking or do I have to
call someone?
Thank you
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I notice during heavy rain storms I get leaks between my eavestrough
and the fascia board, the wood board the eavestroughs are connected
too, that's called a fascia right? Anyway I noticed it leaks and in
some places it drips down as a little stream. Is this normal? If not
is this something I fix myself with alot of cauking or do I have to
call someone?
Thank you

Your gutters may need cleaning. They may not be able to drain quickly and
the gutters are filling up with water and overflowing. Also check your
leaders (Downspouts) for clearance as well.

If your gutters are installed properly and not falling off, a little bit of
the roof should overhang into them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Here that is indicative of shoddy workmanship, usually it is becouse
the shingles are started too high up on the roof decking resulting in
wicking under the shingle edge. I rectify by slipping leghts of 3 inch
angle flashing (10 foot lenghts) which will direct the water directly
into the trough. Jesse
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 8, 10:09 pm, Red Green wrote:
" wrote in news:767d4677-536c-
:

Would not recommend caulk as a solution for any of the above problems.
It's a bandaid.

Seamless, metal, plastic?

Is it leaking only at the gutter length junctions by any chance?

Seamless metal. It's leaking along the length of the gutter, not just
the junction. If I had to guess I say it is seeping through the
puncture whole of those spikes. But I can't tell from down here.
These are good suggestions, sounds like I'll have to call some one
when I save up some cash. Thank you all

Posted to alt.home.repair

Seamless metal. It's leaking along the length of the gutter, not just
the junction. If I had to guess I say it is seeping through the
puncture whole of those spikes.

Is it standard 3 X 5" seamless gutter ? The water should never get near the
top..but should drain faster. First check the drains where the downpipes
are connected to the gutter for crud/leaves etc. If they re clean, then
what size are your downpipes..I recently saw a Home DIY/Fixit show where
they used crappy 2" x 2" downpipe...No good.

fascia board HomerS Home Repair 6 March 30th 08 03:17 AM
fascia board for gutter system Chris Home Repair 3 February 4th 08 06:10 PM
repace fascia board on a rendered wall windyboarder UK diy 0 September 13th 06 02:21 PM
Silicone caulk used on fascia board to be painted? al Home Repair 1 June 11th 06 04:57 PM
What size fascia board? [email protected] Home Repair 7 September 29th 05 04:12 PM