Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Default Wood Pellets

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:40:30 -0700, Larry Caldwell
wrote Re Wood Pellets:

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

At that price it looks like it more expensive than most alternatives:

http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 3:40*am, Larry Caldwell
wrote:
I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. *They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. *Wow. *Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. *Then a shortage developed last winter. *The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down. *

Now is the time to stock up.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

The mills ain't cranking out lumber for housing starts, Canada ain't
trucking logs from New England, Loggers are getting a little hungry,
less wood waste to make pellets from means you have to make them from
logs. Might affect the price a bit. I even hear diesel is high
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

In article ,
(Caesar Romano) says...
wrote Re Wood Pellets:

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

At that price it looks like it more expensive than most alternatives:

http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm

Pellets are only slightly cheaper than natural gas, but half the price
of fuel oil or propane. Fuel oil is currently $4.26 a gallon locally,
and will he higher this winter. Coal is the cheapest, but also the
dirtiest.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

In article ,
Larry Caldwell wrote:

In article ,
(Caesar Romano) says...
wrote Re Wood Pellets:

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

At that price it looks like it more expensive than most alternatives:

http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm

Pellets are only slightly cheaper than natural gas, but half the price
of fuel oil or propane. Fuel oil is currently $4.26 a gallon locally,
and will he higher this winter. Coal is the cheapest, but also the
dirtiest.

Solar heating is the cheapest, and also completely free and
non-polluting. (No, I'm not talking about photovoltaics.) Y'all ought to
move to a better climate. I heat my little shack for about $20/month in
the winter, and have no use for A/C in the summer.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Larry Caldwell wrote:
I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

Read a news article over the weekend about a sewage plant that is
turning sludge into fuel pellets. A power plant is buying all they
can produce right now.

--
It takes 15 million barrels of oil per year to make
all of the plastic water bottles in America. 8 out
Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Al Al is offline

"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
.. .
I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

Damn glad I have 3 yrs worth of (free) fire wood in the barn!

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

"Elmo" wrote in message

Read a news article over the weekend about a sewage plant that is
turning sludge into fuel pellets. A power plant is buying all they
can produce right now.

I wonder how it would work out if I connected the toilet to the wood burning
stove.

Kidding aside, dung is a very important fuel source in some parts of the
world. In India, you are well off if you own a few cows and one reason is
the fuel they produce.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Elmo" wrote in message

Read a news article over the weekend about a sewage plant that is
turning sludge into fuel pellets. A power plant is buying all they
can produce right now.

I wonder how it would work out if I connected the toilet to the wood
burning stove.

Now THAT's a Red Green plan for sure. Are we related ya think?

Kidding aside, dung is a very important fuel source in some parts of
the world. In India, you are well off if you own a few cows and one
reason is the fuel they produce.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Elmo" wrote in message
Read a news article over the weekend about a sewage plant that is
turning sludge into fuel pellets. A power plant is buying all they
can produce right now.

I wonder how it would work out if I connected the toilet to the wood burning
stove.

Kidding aside, dung is a very important fuel source in some parts of the
world. In India, you are well off if you own a few cows and one reason is
the fuel they produce.

Methane digesters are used by some farms to convert the manure to
methane which heats water, powers electric cogeneration facilities
and the like.

I'm thinking that Barbara Ehrenreich's tongue-in-cheek proposal to
use liposuction to harvest body fat as an alternative energy source
might work.

--
Self-interest, caused by low selfish desire, is the root
cause of contemporary world chaos and individual misery.

Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

On Jul 7, 7:58*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
I wonder how it would work out if I connected the toilet to the wood burning
stove.

It would probably work pretty ****ty.

Randy