Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Wood Pellets

In article ,
Larry Caldwell wrote:

In article ,
(Caesar Romano) says...
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:40:30 -0700, Larry Caldwell
wrote Re Wood Pellets:

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running
an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain
or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were
$149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up,
and I guess it didn't come back down.

Now is the time to stock up.

At that price it looks like it more expensive than most alternatives:

http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm

Pellets are only slightly cheaper than natural gas, but half the price
of fuel oil or propane. Fuel oil is currently $4.26 a gallon locally,
and will he higher this winter. Coal is the cheapest, but also the
dirtiest.

Solar heating is the cheapest, and also completely free and
non-polluting. (No, I'm not talking about photovoltaics.) Y'all ought to
move to a better climate. I heat my little shack for about $20/month in
the winter, and have no use for A/C in the summer.