Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Anybody but Lowe's carry the old Deck Mate screws?

Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

TIA

Tom Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

Phone calls to local DIY suppliers seems warranted? Use google
'business search' for hardware or home improvement to get
local phone numbers

Posted to alt.home.repair

"TomYoung" wrote in message
Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

TIA

Tom Young

I saw them at the hardware store on Rt 12. Hirsch's Hardware on Cottman Ave
has them also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 3, 4:09*pm, TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. *Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. *It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

TIA

Tom Young

Just start using star drive (Torx) on all your projects. Work far
better than Phillips or Robertson (square drive) with either cordless
drill or impact driver. Bits last far longer and never any cam-out
like the wretched Phillips. More and more types and sizes of Torx
available,so just keep replacing all the ones you run out of and note
how the quality of your projects has improved.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 3, 2:09*pm, TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. *Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. *It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

TIA

Tom Young

I asked the question of Phillips if there were any retailers closer to
my area code than Lowe's. Finally got one of those non-reply
"replies" that I could order online from Lowe's and they "Hope that
helps", which it doesn't. I think these screws are exclusive to
Lowe's at the moment in my area, as the changeover from Home Depot to
Lowe's has obviously happened only recently.

Next project using deck screws gets screws sourced from the nearest
non-chain hardware store.

Tom Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to TomYoung, Dennis Doddridge wrote:
They are now called Phillip II Fasteners. See
https://phillips-fastener.myshopify....ed-deck-screws.
In 2014, Lowe's and Home Depot it seems wanted to get these products at a
price a variance with what the Decdk Mate company was willing to sell. So Home
Depot and Lowe's stopped selling them.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ws-316899-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 12:44:05 PM UTC-4, Dennis Doddridge wrote:
replying to TomYoung, Dennis Doddridge wrote:
They are now called Phillip II Fasteners. See
https://phillips-fastener.myshopify....ed-deck-screws.
In 2014, Lowe's and Home Depot it seems wanted to get these products at a
price a variance with what the Decdk Mate company was willing to sell. So Home
Depot and Lowe's stopped selling them.

First off, you are replying to a post that is over 8 years old.

Second - and more importantly - you are flat out wrong.

I buy Deck Mate screws at Home Depot all the time.

http://www.homedepot.com/b/Lumber-Co...s/N-5yc1vZbqmj

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to TomYoung, Dennis Doddridge wrote:
I see that Home Depot has green and other colors with phillips heads. I still
need some to finish my fence also, so I finally just ordered some "star" heads
from Home Depot. Will go down tomorrow and pick them up.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ws-316899-.htm