Posted to alt.home.repair
TomYoung TomYoung is offline

Default Anybody but Lowe's carry the old Deck Mate screws?

On Jul 3, 2:09*pm, TomYoung wrote:
Hi all:

Halfway through a project and I need to get some more Deck Mate
screws. *Originally purchased from Home Depot but it looks like they
are now carrying "DeckMate" screws (one word) with a star drive head
instead of Phillips Screw Company's Phillips Square-Driv head. *It
looks like Lowe's has picked up the screws - now called Phillips II
Square-Driv screws - but the nearest one to me is over 20 miles away.
A long way to buy a box of screws.

Does anybody know if any other chain is carrying this product?

TIA

Tom Young

I asked the question of Phillips if there were any retailers closer to
my area code than Lowe's. Finally got one of those non-reply
"replies" that I could order online from Lowe's and they "Hope that
helps", which it doesn't. I think these screws are exclusive to
Lowe's at the moment in my area, as the changeover from Home Depot to
Lowe's has obviously happened only recently.

Next project using deck screws gets screws sourced from the nearest
non-chain hardware store.

Tom Young