Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about igniter on gas stove

I have a GE Profile gas cooktop, and today for no reason it started
that clicking sound it makes when you turn the gas on. The igniter
continued to spark about every 20 seconds or so even though the stove
was not turned on. I unplugged it, and called for service since I did
buy the service contract, but has anybody had this happen? The stove
is 2 years old.

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:28:26 -0700, Cheri wrote:

I have a GE Profile gas cooktop, and today for no reason it started that
clicking sound it makes when you turn the gas on. The igniter continued to
spark about every 20 seconds or so even though the stove was not turned
on. I unplugged it, and called for service since I did buy the service
contract, but has anybody had this happen? The stove is 2 years old.

Mine has never done that but I understand how it could happen
theory. What mine does however is to cause my push button crock pot to
come on when any igniter is active.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Priory of AUK wrote in message ...
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:28:26 -0700, Cheri wrote:

I have a GE Profile gas cooktop, and today for no reason it started

that
clicking sound it makes when you turn the gas on. The igniter

continued to
spark about every 20 seconds or so even though the stove was not

turned
on. I unplugged it, and called for service since I did buy the

service
contract, but has anybody had this happen? The stove is 2 years

old.

Mine has never done that but I understand how it could happen
theory. What mine does however is to cause my push button crock pot

come on when any igniter is active.

How odd about the crockpot, I wonder why that would happen.

Cheri

Voltage for stove Igniter? Dan Wenz Home Repair 13 May 12th 18 01:18 AM
Gas stove question Jack Home Repair 2 October 17th 06 03:40 AM
$400 question; Igniter for ATV Nick Hull Electronics Repair 7 March 29th 06 02:04 AM
Gas Stove Question?? Bill Home Repair 4 December 18th 05 05:01 PM
Heil furnace igniter/flame senosor question. TIA Dick Home Repair 13 April 25th 05 03:28 PM