Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Wenz

Default Voltage for stove Igniter?

Our oven broiler, which I don't recall ever being used since we bought
it years ago, won't turn on. Gas, with electric globar ignition. Before
I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these
igniters operate on (Sears Kenmore model)? Since the oven sections works
properly, as do the spark ignited stovetop burners. For the time being,
I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the
oven section properly. Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took a
look, but voltages are not shown.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Wenz

buffalobill wrote:
just replace igniter.
full operating description at the samurai:
http://fixitnow.com/2004/09/applianc...revelation.htm

Thanks. Reason I asked was to check voltage to the igniter first to be
sure no other problem might exist, since I replaced one in the oven
section some time ago (Just assumed it was bad!) and they're not cheap!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jgolan

Dan,

Most of these use the household voltage of 120VAC, as that is the only
source.
-------------------------------------

Dan Wenz wrote:

Our oven broiler, which I don't recall ever being used since we bought
it years ago, won't turn on. Gas, with electric globar ignition. Before

I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these
igniters operate on (Sears Kenmore model)? Since the oven sections
works
properly, as do the spark ignited stovetop burners. For the time being,

I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the

oven section properly. Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took
look, but voltages are not shown.

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
no-spam Web and RSS interface to your favorite newsgroup -
Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Dan Wenz wrote:
Our oven broiler, which I don't recall ever being used since we bought
it years ago, won't turn on. Gas, with electric globar ignition. Before
I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these
igniters operate on (Sears Kenmore model)? Since the oven sections works
properly, as do the spark ignited stovetop burners. For the time being,
I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the
oven section properly. Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took a
look, but voltages are not shown.

Hi,

Model#?

Before
I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these
igniters operate on

Normally 110-120 volts AC.
But, the ignitor can get voltage, glow red and still be bad as well!
http://www.applianceaid.com/gas.html#glow

I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the
oven section properly.

Never assume!

Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took a
look, but voltages are not shown

They normally are not shown.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Wenz

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Hi,

Model#?

911 3658 690 ; 36569 series, bought in '86. Thanks for your replies!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Dan Wenz wrote:
Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Hi,

Model#?

911 3658 690 ; 36569 series, bought in '86. Thanks for your replies!

G'day.

911.3658690

A Roper built Kenmore...with GE parts.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...54&brand =GEH
Round Carborundum style Oven Ignitor used on many GE brands gas ranges
and ovens.

This an 110-120 volt part. It should draw approx 2.5-3.0 amps when
glowing.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Wenz

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

A Roper built Kenmore...with GE parts.

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/cgi...54&brand =GEH
Round Carborundum style Oven Ignitor used on many GE brands gas ranges
and ovens.

This an 110-120 volt part. It should draw approx 2.5-3.0 amps when
glowing.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Thank you, sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar, and there ain't many
of us left :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lachance

Dan Wenz wrote:

Our oven broiler, which I don't recall ever being used since we bought
it years ago, won't turn on. Gas, with electric globar ignition. Before

I remove it to test it, can someone let me know what voltage these
igniters operate on (Sears Kenmore model)? Since the oven sections
works
properly, as do the spark ignited stovetop burners. For the time being,

I assume the broiler control isn't defective, since it does control the

oven section properly. Since I have the schematic for the oven, I took
look, but voltages are not shown.

Voltage isn't the main concern. Make sure that the ignitor draws at
least 3amps. It can glow and not ignite. If it doesn't glow, remove it
and inspect it. Look for a break in the ignitor indicated by a small
white spot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Dan Wenz, Alina_FL wrote:
I bought this gas stove/oven GE JGB860SEJ2SS with Electronic Ignition System
from USA and sent it to Europe but I need to convert that ignition to work on
European electricity, please advise

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-100352-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 May 2018 18:14:01 GMT, Alina_FL
m wrote:

replying to Dan Wenz, Alina_FL wrote:
I bought this gas stove/oven GE JGB860SEJ2SS with Electronic Ignition System
from USA and sent it to Europe but I need to convert that ignition to work on
European electricity, please advise

One of those small travel converters should work. These things do not
draw much power. Some might even tolerate 120 or 240. Read the specs
on your particular range.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Alina_FL wrote:

replying to Dan Wenz, Alina_FL wrote:
I bought this gas stove/oven GE JGB860SEJ2SS with Electronic Ignition System
from USA and sent it to Europe but I need to convert that ignition to work on
European electricity, please advise

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-100352-.htm

Proof positive those who post from HomeMoanersHub are unequivocally
stupid. I knew they were idiots and now we have proof.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:14:06 PM UTC-5, Alina_FL wrote:
replying to Dan Wenz, Alina_FL wrote:
I bought this gas stove/oven GE JGB860SEJ2SS with Electronic Ignition System
from USA and sent it to Europe but I need to convert that ignition to work on
European electricity, please advise
--

Did you contact GE service about your stove and ask for advice? o_O

[8~{} Uncle Stove Monster

MR16 - low voltage or line voltage [email protected] Home Repair 4 January 11th 06 06:24 PM
Old Carrier furnace: spark igniter Puddin' Man Home Repair 0 September 30th 05 04:30 PM
Toshiba high voltage problem Bobby Villamor Electronics Repair 4 November 22nd 04 11:40 PM
voltage regulator that drops out of circuit CampinGazz Electronics 4 February 1st 04 07:14 PM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM