Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 92% efficent furnace question

Got my new furnace with air yesterday and got wondering, should there
be any screens over the air in or exhaust out lines.

my combustion air in is just a stub of a pipe going in, the exhaust
has a elbow pointing down.

when cutting grass today I saw a wasp checking out the pipes, and got
concerned a nest of something unpleasant could move in
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 28, 3:45*pm, " wrote:
Got my new furnace with air yesterday and got wondering, should there
be any screens over the air in or exhaust out lines.

my combustion air in is just a stub of a pipe going in, the exhaust
has a elbow pointing down.

when cutting grass today I saw a wasp checking out the pipes, and got
concerned a nest of something unpleasant could move in

It would certainly be a good common sense thing to make it hard for
critters to take up residence. It would only take a moment to install
a metal wire screen safety plug. To be sure the system won't be
affected by such a small impediment, ask your installer. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd try it. Make something that slips on with screen and rubber bands, so
you can pull them off later if needed. The official answer I've heard is not
to screen or cover. Cause the humid exhaust freezes on screens, and blocks
the exhaust.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Got my new furnace with air yesterday and got wondering, should there
be any screens over the air in or exhaust out lines.

my combustion air in is just a stub of a pipe going in, the exhaust
has a elbow pointing down.

when cutting grass today I saw a wasp checking out the pipes, and got
concerned a nest of something unpleasant could move in

Question about Furnace Ball of Fluff[_2_] Home Repair 16 January 21st 08 01:30 PM
Furnace question [email protected] Home Ownership 3 April 1st 05 06:19 PM
Gas furnace question DS Home Repair 2 March 8th 05 02:44 AM
A/C Coil and Furnace Question John Home Repair 12 December 17th 04 03:25 PM
Another old furnace question Dan Hall Home Repair 5 November 30th 04 05:06 PM